No Products in the Cart
Happy New Year and a new decade to all of you! When it comes to the new year, we've all heard of the same "New Year, New Me" saying. Instead of starting over and trying to change everything, why not think of the new year as a way to be the best version of yourself? This will make setting your 2020 goals easier.
If one of your resolutions is to exercise and lose weight, we have some tips for how you can stick to your resolutions! Remember, change and improvement doesn't come overnight so take it one step at a time.
1. Start with what you know and like. Consistency is key when it comes to fitness and nutrition. If you hate running, don't force yourself to run. Don't pick running if you think it burns more calories than yoga because chances are you'll less likely be able to stick to it. If yoga is what you love, then go for it! After all, if you're hitting your yoga mat consistently while your running shoes are collecting dust, then it's safe to say that yoga is a more effective workout for you.
2. Try something new. There's no harm in trying something new. Haven't tried boxing before? Then go for it! You have nothing to lose — if anything, you might just discover your true calling ;). Trying a new activity will put some excitement into your routine and will challenge your body.
3. Step down from the scale. Don't focus on the number on the scale, especially if you're weighing yourself every day. Not seeing the number you want might demotivate you, which makes it harder for you to stick to your fitness resolution. Instead, focus on non-scale victories. Feel how your clothes fit better, feel how you have more energy, and notice how much stronger you've become.
4. Give up one indulgence. The last thing you want is to go on a diet and restrict yourself too much. That's not healthy and not sustainable, and may even harm your health in the long run. Instead, pick one indulgence that you want to give up. It could be soda, cookies, candy — the more specific the better. This makes it easier for you to control and feel like you're not depriving yourself. You can even switch your chosen indulgence every month.
5. Get proper fuel. If you're working out too much and being hard on yourself, you'll quickly get burnt out. If you're restricting yourself too much in terms of nutrition, you'll just be miserable! We recommend consuming protein to keep you full for longer and energised for your physical activities. Check out Soluxe's high fibre series — it'll give the energy for your workouts for under 100 calories per serving!
6. Change your mindset. Don't think of working out or eating healthy as a chore. Change your attitude towards working out by focusing on how strong you're getting, the friends you've made, or the new skills you've acquired. Change your attitude towards eating healthy by noticing how much energy you have now.
Most importantly, embrace the new year and decade and have fun in achieving your goals! Don't be too hard on yourself and trust the process. It's your chance to become your best self and have the best year yet. We hope this helps!