Who’s a fan of afternoon snacks? We are! Instead of snacking on something unhealthy that will leave you lethargic the whole day, why not snack on something high-protein that’ll leave you feeling great and keep you going between meals?
Luckily, protein powders are super versatile — you can sneak them in your baking or cooking to get your protein intake for the day. So if you’re sick of drinking your protein powder, why not eat them instead?
We’ve got five easy recipes for you to make these high protein snacks right at home! These are great if you’re looking for a mid-afternoon snack, to satisfy your sweet tooth, get some fuel before your workout, or have them as your post-dinner snacks!
Protein Pudding Cups
Satisfy your chocolate cravings while getting your protein in with this easy protein pudding recipe.
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 6 oz of plain Greek yoghurt
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Mix protein powder and Greek yoghurt
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoon of water, as needed, to thin out the mixture
- Eat immediately or put in the fridge
Berrylicious Antioxidant Smoothie
Smoothies are a super quick way to get a snack in — all you need is to blend the ingredients together! This is a great refreshing drink that'll satisfy both your sweet tooth and leave you feeling great after.
- ¾ scoop of unflavoured protein powder of choice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- ¾ cup of ice (optional)
Blend all ingredients until smooth
Want ice cream without the guilt? Now you can! Make these super simple popsicles and enjoy them while getting your protein in.
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder of choice
- 1 can of organic full-fat coconut milk
- Blend ingredients and pour into popsicle molds
- Freeze until frozen
Protein Overnight Oats
Who says oats can't be eaten as snacks? They're super easy to make and all you have to do is keep them overnight and they'll be ready for you in the morning.
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ½ - ¾ cup of almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice
- ¼ Greek yoghurt
- ½ chia seeds
- (Optional, for toppings) Chopped nuts, berries, almond butter
- Mix all ingredients, seal with a lid, and place in the fridge overnight
- Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight until the oatmeal has soaked up the liquid
- Remove from refrigerator and top as desired
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
These protein balls are the best snacks to have on hand! They're super easy to make and you can bring them anywhere. You can also adapt each recipe and play around with the flavours.
- 1 and ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 scoops (50 - 60 grams) chocolate protein powder
- [Optional] 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Place oats, peanut butter, honey, protein powder, and chocolate chips in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Once combined, use a small cookie scoop to form the dough into balls (or you can use your hands).
Note: if the mixture seem a little dry or crumbly, just add a little water or almond milk to the mixture. 1 teaspoon at a time until the mixture is moist enough to form into balls.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge or freezer.
So the next time you're craving for something sweet or looking for your next snack idea, try out these five simple recipes! These snacks will leave you with more energy and keep you going for the rest of the day.
Ran out of protein powder? Soluxe has a range of clean protein powder that you can try out.
Let us know how they turn out!