If you’ve lived your whole life watching in envy as friends slather thick gooey layers of peanut butter on their waffles because of, well, allergy issues, you are going to want to write this recipe down.
Made with rolled oats, flax, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes, this gluten-, nut-, dairy-, soy- and GMO free oatmeal butter is nut butter’s younger, more complex cousin. Aside from tasting delicious, our Soluxe Nutrition oatmeal butter has defied all odds and is somehow actually healthy.
This recipe not only steers clear of the top 8 allergens, it’s also made with nutrient-rich and heart-healthy fats with no additives and refined sugar. Perfect with toast, protein smoothie recipe, sliced fruits or eaten straight off the spoon (no judgement here), make this oatmeal butter at home using our organic Soluxe Nutrition Whole Foods and satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health!
Makes 300ml Oatmeal Butter
- 150gm Soluxe Nutrition Organic Rolled Oats
- 25g Soluxe Nutrition Organic Golden Flax Seed
- 40g Soluxe Nutrition Organic Pumpkin Seed
- 40g Coconut flakes
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Soluxe Nutrition Coconut Palm Sugar
- 65ml Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
- Spread out the rolled oats on a sheet pan and toast in the oven for 15 minutes. Spread out flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes on a separate sheet pan and toast in the oven for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Using a high-speed blender, add toasted flax seeds and pumpkin seeds into a blender jar and blend until it becomes a thick paste-like texture. Scrape down the sides and pour in the toasted coconut and rolled oats. Blend on high until it becomes fine and powdery.
- Scrape down the sides of the jar and add remaining ingredients (cinnamon powder, sea salt, vanilla extract, coconut palm sugar and coconut oil). Blend on high until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- Transfer oatmeal butter into a clean storage jar and store at room temperature up to 2 weeks or refrigerate for up to a month.