There’s no muffin recipe that’s more classic than a blueberry muffin recipe. For some reason, blueberry muffins make such a comfort snack. Naturally, our test kitchen team stayed busy over the weekend to create a healthier, nutrient packed version with added protein. And yes, it is vegan friendly! With a small pinch of fragrant nutmeg, the blueberry flavour seems more intense. Our Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Soluxe Nutrition Soy Protein are perfectly moist, fluffy and tender. We may be biased, but we think we’ve created one of the best vegan blueberry muffin recipes around! ;)
Makes 6 muffins (muffin cup sized 100ml, 6.5cm diameter x 4cm height)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Place all ingredients except all purpose flour and blueberries into a blender and blend until combined and airy. You may also use a bowl and whisk, but we chose a less energy consuming method.
- Sieve all purpose flour into a large mixing bowl, then pour batter from the blender into the mixing bowl and stir until combined. Be careful not to over mix and cause gluten development, which will make the muffin dense and chewy.
- Drop a tablespoonful of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. This will prevent the berries from sinking.
- Pour and mix the blueberries into the remaining batter and divide evenly between each cup. If you like, top each muffin with a few blueberries.
- Bake muffins until puffed and firm, about 25 minutes. Enjoy immediately or can be stored in an airtight container for up to a day in room temperature or 3 days in the refrigerator.
We'd love to hear from you! Tag us on Instagram @SoluxeNutrition when you recreate our recipes!